http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/31sadvez8cJ8F

Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

These are a few of my favourite things..

Okay, so now I've gone all free-motion on yo ar$3 I'm all obsessed (who me?) about threads

I'm learning about types of threads and the weights of them etc etc...

so I ordered these three spools from Pine Valley ..

from left to right:
- Superior Threads, Masterpiece 50/2 (extra long egyptian cotton)
- Superior Threads, The Bottom Line 60/2 (polyester)
- YLI Silk Thread




The Masterpiece is lovely, but I felt the the Bottom Line went better in my machine. The YLI was beautiful and the best lustre, BUT it is expensive.. so expensive it is not feasible for most projects but good if you plan to use this type of thread (it is also very slippy when winding a bobbin)

I like the Bottom Line best (top and bottom) unfortunately the Masterpiece had a couple of breaks, but that could have been me not having the tension checked properly.

Watch this space for my next thread purchase.. I aim to have my choice made after my next lot arrives .. hehe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...