http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/31sadvez8cJ8F

Pages

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My some-day machine

My goal, to eventually have one of these:
Juki TL98P
From here:
http://www.swiftquilter.co.nz/JUKI%20TL98%20p.html

It does one thing and does it well.. stitches straight.. piecing and quilting, freemotion.. after reading LOTS of reviews it seems to operate better than the Janome 1600P and the Brother PQ1500 all about the same size (total size and workspace size of 9.5")

I still love my Brother Innovis NV400 it does aphabets and loads of pretty stitches, its great for applique with the ability to alter the settings of each stitch even just marginally, as well as flipping it completely if you need to.

But I am feeling the need to branch out a little into bigger and better free motion quilting for finishing my quilt tops, "I feel like I need something else" so considering that the new Janome Horizon is waay too expensive and the only draw card is that its a portable do everything machine with an 11" throat space! yes 11" of working space from the needle to the throat! it is sitting just under $5000 here in lil ol NZ. 

I've been looking at the Juki for a while now and when I was at the Hamilton Craft and Quilt Fair (never miss it) I had a chat to an Aussie company that make quilt frames and they really talked up this Juki model above the Brother. They said it has a good motor and it is reliable. If I some-day get this, then I can some-day get a quilt frame and it will pop right on there.. and when I some-day get this, then I'll have to (the same day) get a sewing table I can sink the machine into (not sure what they're called, but thats what they do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...