http://www.emailmeform.com/builder/form/31sadvez8cJ8F

Pages

Sunday, June 26, 2011

My very own Army of Darkness

Inspired by my lil sister actually going to a cake decorating class, and my awesome hubby getting me a how to make zombie themed cupcakes book I went and bought some fondant (no I didnt make my own! ) and I read a few tutorials around the place, added some green food colouring I had in the cupboard and jumped right in.

Thank goodness too for Bruce Campbell, what would we do if we didn't have Ash to save us from this Army of Darkness!!

Duff Goldman, if you're out there, love you, love your work, totally inspired by you, if you need a quilt or a map.. you come see me!

This is what the tootsies look like to start with, I managed to make two at a time, so they wouldn't dry out too quickly and also so I could have my left and a right feet even!


Waiting for their bones..

everyone lined up.. I had a bit extra so I made a bone and a zombie guy who (I think) strangely looks a lot like Don Knotts from Herbie and Three's Company

Bwahahaha!!  It's Alive...!!






And here is Ash, just in time!



Watch out! 



And just a quick note about the "blood". The recipe called for piping gel, which I didn't have so I improvised and used
- Craigs Strawberry Jam (with no big clumpy bits)
- Red food colouring (the stuff from the supermarket)
- And a wee bit of icing sugar, not a lot cause it makes it too light

I put it in a glad ziplock bag and nipped a tiny corner off and viola!

Just a quick update... be careful if using this blood recipe, as it did bleed .. haha, how ironic, but there were little tiny streams of red after sitting overnight, so if you serve them up do the blood at the very last minute, or source some of this piping gel stuff!

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...